ABOUT OUR SMALL ANIMALS
Key facts about our small animals
- Caring, friendly, family run animal boarding establishment since 1986
- 'The Hutch' is a new, purpose built facility designed for small animals. It has large, modern, spacious, heated hutches all with permanent, covered outside runs. Alternatively if preferred, you are welcome to bring your pet’s own accommodation/cages (hamsters/rats etc only).
- The highest standards of hygiene are undertaken as standard. Each hutch (and outside run) is lined with polypropylene, as used in hospitals, to minimise chewing and to ensure proper cleanliness. Hutches are cleaned daily, completely changed weekly and thoroughly scrubbed and disinfected between occupants. There are no ‘Bugs’ in this bunny house!
- If your pets own accommodation is portable, then your pet can stay in its own home... in the 'Hutch'. Discounts are available if you use your own accommodation.
- Flystrike - Rabbits are particularly susceptible to flystrike. We check our guests at least twice a day during the summer months and have installed an insect “zapper” in 'The Hutch' to help minimise any potential problems from insects.
- Security of your pet is very important. The design of 'The Hutch' ensures that your pets are not exposed to natural predators including foxes, dogs, cats and birds of prey.
- We provide top quality branded dried food to feed your pets including fresh hay, salad and fruit. However, we are happy for you to bring your own food if required. Special diet plans and medication can also be given.
- For peace of mind, all pets are normally covered by our insurance during their stay at Cedar Farm. Veterinary advice and help is always on hand.
- Music plays all day in 'The Hutch' for the comfort and relaxation of your pet.
- Visitors are welcome to view our facilities, without appointment, between 11am and 3pm 7 days a week.